Best Motherboard Brand

catalyst1

BSOD
Which is the best brand for reliability and quiet running? If you have a specific model you think is best, feel free to post what it is and why. I had planned on getting a Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9, but I'm having second thoughts. I need an ATX socket 939 with one PCIe x16 for the gfx card, an NVIDIA chipset, four DDR 400 memory slots, and integrated audio. My budget for it is no more than $150. Thanks guys!

the brand isn't all that much it's the model and age in my opinion and the ability to overclock hehe

Asus a8n sli deluxe is very good but to bad its over your budget the gigabyte you suggested doesnt have an integrated sound

I like ASUS they are a major brand and I know how they operate and I feel safe buying from them. I think the number 1 way to get custemors and keep them is get them to trust your products.

spank_fusion said:
Which is the best brand for reliability and quiet running? If you have a specific model you think is best, feel free to post what it is and why. I had planned on getting a Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9, but I'm having second thoughts. I need an ATX socket 939 with one PCIe x16 for the gfx card, an NVIDIA chipset, four DDR 400 memory slots, and integrated audio. My budget for it is no more than $150. Thanks guys!

Ahaaa, Spank Fusion. I have that same board you've been asking about. It's an ok board and can be clocked easily. It has all the goodies you mentioned too like the Socket 939, PCI express (check out my sig), etc.

But at the time, MSI didn't have the nforce 4 boards available. The Gigabyted was early in their distribution of the nforce 4 chipset support so I snatched it. I recommend MSI if you can. My previous builds all use MSI and they are very user friendly and supported well. IT comes bundled with tons of software and extra hardware hookups and cables too.

I have a shuttle and my son used a shuttle in building his computer....Now all you guys are in and out of here with your COMPUTER problems..so I have to ask you how many times do you read in a posting, " my computer has issues and I have a shuttle motherboard....."
Not very often....so yes I do believe that the best overall motherboard is a shuttle... It can be overclocked but always has remained stable.

Interesting point. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Shuttle setups are not as widespread. They're kinda the minority. I know a lot of people have them, but not nearly as many people with a regular setup. Still - I've never come across a thread with a Shuttle problem.

Anyway, I already bought the ATX case, so it isn't really an option for me.

Back
Top Bottom