Best antivirus for me???

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
Guys i've been using Norton for awhile cuz it came with a free trial, but that will run out soon and i'm looking for a free antivirus to use in it's place. You guys are going to tell me i'm an idiot for using it in the first place, but it's actually quite nice, but it carries a heffty price tag. So, i'd like to know what a good antivirus is, one that catches everything but runs pretty silently. I hate how AVG starts a scan everytime you turn the computer on. I've used AVAST! in the past and liked it. Is there any others i'm missing??

Mike:cool:

Never used AVG, but there will more than likely be a setting ya can adjust to stop it scanning at boot up. I personally use NOD32 but its not free . . . .honest lol :)

Raffaz said:
Never used AVG, but there will more than likely be a setting ya can adjust to stop it scanning at boot up. I personally use NOD32 but its not free . . . .honest lol :)
hmmm, i've tried to find the setting and can't find it, Anyone else know where it is??

^Mike^ said:
hmmm, i've tried to find the setting and can't find it, Anyone else know where it is??

it's under the scheduler. go to the AVG control panel, then scheduler and then go to scheduled tasks and go to "Test plan in basic mode" and then click "edit schedule" and uncheck the box that says "periodically start scheduled antivirus scan" and no more scans at boot up. Those scans annoyed me too. I think AVG is an awesome program, best free AV in my opinion :)

troy272 said:
it's under the scheduler. go to the AVG control panel, then scheduler and then go to scheduled tasks and go to "Test plan in basic mode" and then click "edit schedule" and uncheck the box that says "periodically start scheduled antivirus scan" and no more scans at boot up. Those scans annoyed me too. I think AVG is an awesome program, best free AV in my opinion :)
alright thanks a lot man!

Back
Top Bottom