Best Antivirus for 64bit OS

Shantei

In Runtime
My Symantec Antivirus is buggin me around (yellow box pops up saying Symantec Antivirus Auto-Protect is Disable) and everytime I try and enable it it doesn't allow it, and continues as disabled.

So unless someone here can figure out that problem I was thinking of getting another Antivirus software program. One that's compatible with 64bit OS, is effective and doesn't bog down your computer to price ratio. Just a generally good one I guess. But please, any information on my current problem please tell me.

Thanks v. much in advance!

My Symantec Antivirus is buggin me around (yellow box pops up saying Symantec Antivirus Auto-Protect is Disable) and everytime I try and enable it it doesn't allow it, and continues as disabled.

So unless someone here can figure out that problem I was thinking of getting another Antivirus software program. One that's compatible with 64bit OS, is effective and doesn't bog down your computer to price ratio. Just a generally good one I guess. But please, any information on my current problem please tell me.

Thanks v. much in advance!

NOD32 is what I use, and it was coded in assembly so it shouldn't have any problems being ran on a 64 bit computer.

I use a 64bit OS. I have Avast Anti virus free home edition! It is really great. It won't allow you to download the virus. When you click on download (If its a virus) the anti virus says "the file you are about to download may be a virus"
And it has a powerful resident scanner, which protects from intrusions.
I don't know about NOD or AVG etc, but i can surely say that Avast is perfect for my PC.

Thanks very much for the replies, I had a look at NOD32 and at avast! and went for avast simply because you can get a Home edition absolutely free and appears to be working great. Thanks very much

Back
Top Bottom