Best AMD Processor? Not for ppl who like Intel!!!

OMG for what, if your talking about gaming, nooo id go with the 64 or the xp (3200), high opperating speed less stable but faster. The Opterons have lower opperating speeds, but they are more stable and reliable.

p.s. Patriots are tearin it up

.............I hate New England...... They beat the Colts...

Anyways, Opterons run at 2.4GHZ!!! Hello? And you can Overclock them to 2.8 just fine. Then you can run quad opterons with an SLi setup with relative ease. Do you know how much power would be there?

ok i'll give you that for power its beasts but for what, the Opteron 250 runs $825, for that much go with the fx-53 which is faster due to the unbuffer mem., gives it a slight advantage, but its not too much faster

truarabplayer said:
ok i'll give you that for power its beasts but for what, the Opteron 250 runs $825, for that much go with the fx-53 which is faster due to the unbuffer mem., gives it a slight advantage, but its not too much faster

Wait, you are saying that the AMD64 FX-53 is faster then the Opti250? HA. That is totally false. The Opteron blows it out of the water, even with buffering. Here is why!

Opteron Bandwidth- 6.4GB/sec
AMD64 FX-53- 6.4GB/sec

Oh, tied. Ready to go down?

Opterons- 8 WAY Processing with Total Floating Point Processing
Athlon64s- 1WAY Processing with Partial Floating Point Processing

OUCH, THAT HURT.

Opterons- SUPERSCALAR!
Athlon64s- NOT!

Once again, the pain is obvious here.

Opterons- Total HyperTrarnsport Output- 19.2GBs!
Athlon64's (Newest Models) Total HyperTrarnsport Output- 8GBs....

Ouch, doubled.... Athlon64's fail here. Now lets compare Pentiums to them. Oh wait, no contest.

Actually Blah Blah, I hate the Newcastle core, The Winchester is FAR BETTER! AMD64 3500+ Winchester 90nm PWNS ALL!

really, i thought the newcastel pwned all, because it used a better technology, and was nvm im wrong

lol, if opterons are so much better zen, y didnt u just save money, and build an opteron system for ur new comp?

I hate ECC RAM, and I have bad luck properly setting up Opterons. They are still faster and more powerful, but expensive and useless for my purposes.

AMD ZEN said:
Wait, you are saying that the AMD64 FX-53 is faster then the Opti250? HA. That is totally false. The Opteron blows it out of the water, even with buffering. Here is why!

Opteron Bandwidth- 6.4GB/sec
AMD64 FX-53- 6.4GB/sec

Oh, tied. Ready to go down?

Opterons- 8 WAY Processing with Total Floating Point Processing
Athlon64s- 1WAY Processing with Partial Floating Point Processing

OUCH, THAT HURT.

Opterons- SUPERSCALAR!
Athlon64s- NOT!

Once again, the pain is obvious here.

Opterons- Total HyperTrarnsport Output- 19.2GBs!
Athlon64's (Newest Models) Total HyperTrarnsport Output- 8GBs....

Ouch, doubled.... Athlon64's fail here. Now lets compare Pentiums to them. Oh wait, no contest.

ok you no what u have the fx there, but let me ask you a question why would you need 19.2 gb, what memory has that kind of bandwith? unless if you go dual channel on 2 diffrent ram banks= 4 stick just to boot up!!!

Back
Top Bottom