Benchmark results: ATI Radeon X1800 XT vs Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
imageview.gif

3dmark030qe.jpg

doom38rq.jpg

farcry8wg.jpg

To my embarrasment, nvidia GOT OWNEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!.

Hardware Configuration

Motherboard: DFI LAN Party 925X-T2 (Intel 925X, Sep. 20th, 2004 BIOS)
CPU: Pentium 4 3.4 GHz LGA 775
Memory: Two 512 MB DDR2-533 CM2X512-4200 CL4 from Corsair memory modules
Hard Drive: Maxtor DiamondMax 9 Plus (40 GB, ATA-133)
Screen resolution: 1024x768x32@85 Hz

Software Configuration

Windows XP Professional installed using NTFS
Service Pack 2
Direct X 9.0c
Intel inf driver version: 6.0.1.1002
ATI video driver version: 4.10 (6.14.10.6483)
ATI video driver version: 4.12 (Radeon X850 Platinum Edition)
ATI video driver version: 5.3 (Radeon X800 GT)
ATI video driver version: 5.9 (Radeon X800 GTO)
ATI video driver version: 8.173 beta (Radeon X1000 series)
nVidia video driver version: 66.93
nVidia video driver version: 77.72 (GeForce 7800 GTX)
nVidia video driver version: 78.02 (GeForce 7800 GT)

U just have to remember that there are also benchmarks in the internet where 7800GTX beats the x1800 XT in games like splinter cell: pandora tomorrow etc. Also I have seen benchmarks where the 7800GTX pwns in HL2. (can't remember the links, someone posted them here awhile ago) But all of them are not too reliable.

But they seem to be quite equal cards. Ppl say that the x1800 XT oc's very well, but I haven't seen any results so it's hard to say. And it seems quite clear that the x1800 XT is better in 3dMarks, yet still the top 10 in futuremarks page is done with nvidia, not a single computer with an ati card(s) in there.

The reviews are so mixed, it's unbelievable. I'm still sticking with Nvidia. THe two companies comes out with great video cards and both are more than capable of blowing away games. Heck, my 6600GT does an excellent job already in the new games I tried (NFSU2, F.E.A.R., AOE3, Medal of Honor, Unreal Tournament 2004).

Thank you... wow, after my thread that I did... thank you for this trd... lol...

Your welcome. It's pretty hard facts there once you can actually see it on paper. There are more benchmarks available but I grabbed the important ones. Otherwise, this whole thread would be one long picture after another picture after another picture, etc.

I'm just glad my 6600GT was recognized in there somewhere, lol.

mammikoura said:
U just have to remember that there are also benchmarks in the internet where 7800GTX beats the x1800 XT in games like splinter cell: pandora tomorrow etc. Also I have seen benchmarks where the 7800GTX pwns in HL2. (can't remember the links, someone posted them here awhile ago) But all of them are not too reliable.

But they seem to be quite equal cards. Ppl say that the x1800 XT oc's very well, but I haven't seen any results so it's hard to say. And it seems quite clear that the x1800 XT is better in 3dMarks, yet still the top 10 in futuremarks page is done with nvidia, not a single computer with an ati card(s) in there.

oh really? Here, ill show a link where the X1800XT gets to 1Ghz core :D
http://theinquirer.net/?article=27252

Hahaha... that's "ownage" right there.. nice link there... I think I have one similar or even the same in another post that I did...

Check it out!!!!!

r520_ghz.png

All I can say is, dammmnnnnn....
I suppose Nvidia is too overrated so ATi deserves the spotlight until Nvidia comes out with something much bigger. ATi is like AMD where Intel is like Nvidia. ATi have been underdogs this whole time right? All the hypes been focus on Nvidia mainly for quite some time now.

Back
Top Bottom