Belkin Windows 7 Drivers - Please Help!

Frost17

Baseband Member
Hi Guys, I recently installed Windows 7 ultimate on two different machines. One is a desktop with a Belkin Wireless N Adapter, F5D8001 v1000, with a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition

The other is a Sony VGN FJ170B (older laptop from 2005 or so). The Laptop previously had a bootleg version of windows 7 (very possibly a copy of Vista pawned of as 7) and now has a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit.

Here's the issues:

On the Desktop I downloaded the latest Belkin Driver. Still does not work. Belkin's support site says that they are still working on updating drivers to be compatible with 7. Windows 7 has been out for over a year now and they are still working on it!?! Is there any work around here or am I forced to go back to XP or buy a new wireless card?

On the laptop, has built in wireless card. With my old bootleg copy of 7 it installed the driver automatically and it worked. WIth my clean copy of 7 now, no luck! I tried downloading the driver from Sony's website, still does not work. I happened to have a Belkin Wireless N PCMCIA Notebook adapter F5D8013 laying around.... same issue as desktop. The interesting part is the indicator lights on the card light up after the driver is installed but I still cannot connect.

Any suggestions here!? I need internet on these two computers.

Thanks in advance.

bump... anything?

Why is it not working?

Is the driver not installing?

Is the driver installing without error but wifi will not start?

are you getting any error messages?

Back
Top Bottom