beginner help

f355c5

Solid State Member
new computor - Vista o/s. When I go to the web . I get taken to many web sites automaticly. Home page AOL. but then I go to other pages,appear . Pop up blocker at highest level , HOW do I stop this ? Is it a windows problem or the manufacter of the computor,

come on guys he asked for a solution not a work around

ok the first thing i would try and identify is if the popups were loading because they were IE popups or spyware popups,

pretty much the same thing except spyware popups are loaded because spyware is loaded onto your computer.
so what are these popups that are coming up ? are they advertising something, do they mention anything all in common.

recently a friend had spyware on his computer and he kept gettin popups saying it was installing some anti spyware product that hed never heard of before, and if you know what the popups are you can usually identify the spyware thats on your computer.

so again what type of popups are they, random or usually the same

Thanks--- Pop ups -- Atom (Video site) Match maker (dating service) Lots of site not found. If I leave the computer for a few mins. lots of windows that say site not found. I will try a write down the reoccurring sites. Very maddening to say the least. IE pop ups ?What are they?

it sounds like you have a bad case of spy where
or your homepage is constantly opening up pages
try changing your home page
and then run a spy where check
google avg free they have very good free anti spywhere
and anti virus

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition is also great at getting rid of spyware (free as well).

i did have another theory do you get these pop ups when your not online as that would point to windows messaging service as that also puts pop ups on the screen etc.

Messaging service is on xp not vista. He's got a bug.
Do all your scans in safe mode and report back.

Back
Top Bottom