battlefield 2 demo pissing me off

onimusha

In Runtime
i get low virtual memory error problem, even though i have 22gb of free harddrive space and 512 megs of dual channel ddr 400. THe game freezes alot for seconds and then unfreezes and acts like i have 128megs of main memory when i play. YOu know it pauses for seconds and then unpauses, when something new happens in the map. Its terrible no other game does this on my computer. Like it takes forever to load a map. When i press ctrl alt delete and look, the demo is using 700 virtual memory wtf??? my page file is 940mb cause of the demo wtf?? I put virtual memory on maximum which is 4096 and still this game is using like 900+ megs of page file?? wtf??? when i play any other game its perfectly smooth for example counter strike sources uses like 300megs of page file. THe rest of my system is amd 64 3800 and 6800gt.

The game is very demanding.. thats true.
But, you must remember that they reccomend 1GB of RAM even though '512MB' is the 'requirement'.

If you want no issues with games, always try to go over the requirements a little bit.. and they require 512MB but suggest 1GB.

You should be having no problems! Thats just mad. most people only have 512mb of RAM...

I'd try closing every other program off to see if they are somehow conflicting, plus try lowering res's and detail settings (though with that video card, it seems a shame too) though its worth a try to see if it helps.

Like for instance, lower texture maps.

I hope this helps :)

Hmm, actually I think Kage is right on this one..
If you look on the BF2 alot of people are having ALOT of issues including the blue screen of death, crashing, the game freezing, ect.

I advise you look for a temporary fix for now through the forums, if there is one. Go to www.planetbattlefield.com and go to the BF2 forums and you should be able to get help there on the issue..

This is the second issue with BF2 posted here today, and the real reason is that it is a demo. For people who have played Battlefield 1942 (the first one years ago like myself), we all went through it as well. Some problems even carried over to the retail version, where they released patches.. hehe.

It happens, but I'm sure as long as they don't tell you its because you don't have enough RAM, then you'll be fine. I was suprized to see how high they want peoples specifications myself to play this game though. Like Kage said, most PC users have 512 or even less, and now their being 'reccomended' to get a gig to play a game.

Good luck on this, and post back your results..

Yeah, it seems pretty mad that people would have to update memory too to buy a game. Though texture maps like I said is what tend to eat the memory up, and could be some of the cause.

Bit mad though that the demo causes that much trouble, but does it by any chance have a way of sending errors off to the company so they can fix it for the retail version? Because I usually think of demos as more of a beta of a game if it hasn't been released yet.

Back
Top Bottom