battery life for laptops

iamroot

Daemon Poster
can anyone tell me which laptop processors give the best battery life? I'm gonna buy a laptop soon and I don't want to end up with one that can only be used for an hour.

in AMD, Mobile versions of the processors will last around 2 hours (Will see M after the speed),
and same goes for Pentium with 'Mobile' at the start of the rating. These will be built to last longer for laptop use :)

For instance, heres a list to show what I mean for Intel:

http://www.intel.com/products/notebook/processors/

it would depend of course on use, but the 2 hour rating is usually based on a bit of hard work too, thugh if yu play games, of course this would drop a bit as it uses more power than listening to music and typing on a word processor for instance. Though you know your gettnig the max power available.

I hope this helps :)

if you want a really long battery life you might shoot for a pentium M they are said to have very long battery lifes.

Yea I guess :p Yeah, so stick to ones with Mobiles on them, as most will have that anyway.

Don't go buying a VIA one for instance though on a laptop...they are so slow, so just stick to AMD or Intel :p

My dad you see has a Via C3 processor in his, and ouch is it slow. It says 1ghz, though its more 200mhz...

you'll have to check on the site or find the laptop you want and search for reviews. Because each laptop will vary based on processor speeds and what differenet hardware and software you have.

Back
Top Bottom