Battery life

bebbles12

Baseband Member
Anyone know what that glowing light is on the Mac that goes on and off while the computer is shut down? Is it best to keep the mac plugged in while your at home to extend the battery life or unplugged and run it down and recharge with the power plug? Hope that makes sense! :lol:
B

Sure your mac is shutdown completely?
The power led will blink if it's in sleep mode.

About that battery question.
You don't have to unplug it when it's fully recharged. It's old batteries that took damage when being plugged in to a power source all the time. Modern batteries don't have this issue.

I'm not too familiar with MAC machines, but one thing i can say about all laptops I've dealt with is once there is a blinking light there is a possibility that the computer is in sleep mode. :rolleyes:

Make sure the computer is shut down properly also you can adjust the power settings to extend the battery life on a daily basis. I'm not to sure how this is done in MAC OS but you can play around this feature.

Is it best to keep the mac plugged in while your at home to extend the battery life or unplugged and run it down and recharge with the power plug? Hope that makes sense! :lol:
B

If you take the laptop with you places often i would say leave the battery in. When using the power adapter it will keep the battery charged up.

If your laptop is stationary at home, take out the battery and just use the power adapter. Doing this will add life to the battery.

My laptop is stationary, so i just use my power adapter. I do charge the battery up once a month in case i want to take it over a friends house.

Last edited:
If there is a blinking/glowing light (I'm assuming you have an older MacBook or a MacBook Pro), that indicates that the laptop is NOT fully shut down, and is in sleep mode.

This can actually happen if you click "Shut Down," but then close the lid immediately after. It doesn't give the laptop a chance to actually turn off.

Back
Top Bottom