Bad Computer

cheeze1

Beta member
Help Me Please

My computer went into hibernate i assume, cos when i returned to it, it was running but i am unable to re-activate it. the power button wont work even if i hold it for upto a minute.

i have unplugged the power supply and plugged it back in again but my power button still won't work. i can switch it on at all.

I have to unplug the power supply to the board and as soon as i plug it back in again the board just fires up all by itself. i dont switch it on or off but it still wont boot.

the Specs are

MSI KM4M-L motherboard
2400+ AMD processor
512 Mb ram 1 stick 266MHz
1 stick 333MHz
the board is set to 333MHz but the bios is set to run ram at 266MHz.
128mb ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics

standard hard disk samsung 40Gb, and CDRom

As i said

I'm sorry i explained i cant boot it at all now, the only way to switch it on is to unplug the power supply to the motherboard and plug it back in again

as soon as power is restored it switches itself on but it doesn't boot.

do i need a new motherboard or ram.

i have tried 3 different power supplies

thanks

Yeah it's probably ya mobo because if your ram was dead it would boot with a message telling you about the ram

power button

yes m8 i have removed the mobo from the case and plugged everything in individually. the power button has been plugged into the mobo. but it doesn't help the button won't turn the mobo on or off. only when i take power away and restore it.

ok thanks again

Re: power button

cheeze said:
yes m8 i have removed the mobo from the case and plugged everything in individually. the power button has been plugged into the mobo. but it doesn't help the button won't turn the mobo on or off. only when i take power away and restore it.

ok thanks again

i am only trying to help you, just make sure you have it plugged in correctly if you have a mobo book check that. :)

Maybe the switch itself is broken, i don't know if you can take it apart without braking it. It's probaly just not clicking right.

Hi again Thx guys for your help

I have just purchased another mobo and all is workin fine. as you say probably static.

Thx again

Back
Top Bottom