back up emails

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
I have a windows 98 comp and I am going to reinstall windows. yes, that's right, I'm reinstalling windows 98. I am doing this for my mom who refuses to advance with technology.:rolleyes: Anyway, She uses Qualcomm Eudora for email, and I need a way to back up her emails. can some one tell me how?

thanks.

crazyman143 said:
I have a windows 98 comp and I am going to reinstall windows. yes, that's right, I'm reinstalling windows 98. I am doing this for my mom who refuses to advance with technology.:rolleyes: Anyway, She uses Qualcomm Eudora for email, and I need a way to back up her emails. can some one tell me how?

thanks.
I'm not familiar with that email server,but if it's anything other than Outlook or Outlook express,eg Yahoo,hotmail it will still be there,just remember your name/password.
If it's 98se,you have a wise Momma.
Gramps
;) :D

lol bluto that didnt help. A program like that downloads the email from the server onto the computer, taking it off the server, so it will be non exsistent. Sorry mate..im looking for a way to do that for outlook too. Hope someone else can help

camers said:
lol bluto that didnt help. A program like that downloads the email from the server onto the computer, taking it off the server, so it will be non exsistent. Sorry mate..im looking for a way to do that for outlook too. Hope someone else can help
A "program like that downloads " I didn't suggest a program.
A program like "what" did you describe.
If you have a yahoo account and redo your computer they will still be there waiting for your "log in".Remember "log in". Same with icq.
You have a lifetime account there.If you remember how to log in.
I also have a way for Outlook, ;) ;) Need PM.

:)

Ok guys, I feel rather good about myself right now, I discovered how to do it on my own:D in the program files there are files for each mailbox. if I save these, i can paste them back into the program files and keep the emails:D Don't know about outlook though, i don't use it. wish you luck on that camers.

crazyman143 said:
Ok guys, I feel rather good about myself right now, I discovered how to do it on my own:D in the program files there are files for each mailbox. if I save these, i can paste them back into the program files and keep the emails:D Don't know about outlook though, i don't use it. wish you luck on that camers.
Good luck as your Outlook isn't good,but you'll need to beg me for more.
I tried that.
Are you in for a surprise.but i'm just a stupid oldman,right ?
;)

for outlook or oe there are programs by geniesoft, you can also back up favourites, cookies and ie settings.

Back
Top Bottom