An awsome video editing PC

SamIam89

Baseband Member
Can someone set me up with some links to the parts to a nice video editing pc? around $1800, firewire etc. 5.1 sound would be nice. Lots of storage, at least 400. Id like a really fast addition HD (around 60) for normal files. Thanks guys.

Sony's about the only brand that comes out "ready to video edit" that's probably worth getting. HP has some video editing statinos, but I don't really trust them.

As for memory, 400G is just plain over kill. I use 80 on my video computer and have done just fine. A 5.1 sound card would be a waste as well because firewire is simply 2 channel.

If you want a REAL video editing station, save up about $5000 and look into some DV Line system with a DV-Storm in it. The one my school had used duel 80G and a 40G to boot from. Duel processors are nice, but you pay for them, and I doubt you need the real time editing, as you get with those.

Um thanks but we do need the 5.1. The audio isn't comming in from firewire. Its comming from the soundbooth. Also, the PC feeds the radio board. As for giggage, 400 may be a little much but we need to record and store 8 hours a week for, well, until we get a new system. DVD backup wont really help us either. And I dont beleive that I said anything about dual processors. Thanks for the help though, I'll look into the brands you mentioned.

Dual processor systems are too expensive for you. You need a pentium 4 HT, maybe something like a 3.2-3.4Ghz. At least 1gb ram, pref 2. A raid system for storage. Maybe get a Raid 5 card & 4 x 160Gig HD's. Then you'll have 480Gb storage with fault tollerance as well.

Back
Top Bottom