AVG Problems, anybody else?

bullzi

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, within the passed few days every computer I have AVG installed on has failed updates. First it started with "Connection to update server failed" however it would pop up and tell me what update it was going to download and how many MB it is. Now today, everytime i try to update it says "a .bin file is missing". Is anybody else having these error's? This is happening on all 6 of my computers..

I had the same problem. I deleted it and downloaded and reinstalled it only to remain with the same problem. I'm using Avast now.

Hey guys, within the passed few days every computer I have AVG installed on has failed updates. First it started with "Connection to update server failed" however it would pop up and tell me what update it was going to download and how many MB it is. Now today, everytime i try to update it says "a .bin file is missing". Is anybody else having these error's? This is happening on all 6 of my computers..

Yes I had the same problem yesterday. Just reinstall AVG And you should be set!

It seems to be a common occurrence lately. I found this:

1) go to http://free.avg.com/ww.download-update
2) make a directory (new folder) on your desktop called AVG
3) from the website, download AVI: 270.6.4 (right click and save target as)
4) from the website, download IAVI: / 1616 (right click and save target as)
5) Save the files to newly created AVG folder
6) double click on your AVG systray icon
7) On menu bar (top) > select tools > update from directory
8) select the directory called AVG where you put the downloads
9) As soon as you click that folder, your updates will start and will be complete! :)

My AVG said it was missing the .bin file as well, but I just clicked update and it worked for me without a problem

Back
Top Bottom