auto run has gone!!!

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
help required. i can't get my dvds or cds to auto run when i insert them into the drives.
i have set the drves to auto run in the properties but they just won't have it. any ideas?

just open the cd contents and find the program that is set to auto run anyway (usually a .exe)...auto run isn't something you definately need to use the cd

There's an option somewhere to enable and disable it. I think it's somewhere in Device Manager for <2000. Just right click the drive for XP and you should have the options there. Perhaps try to enable then disable it to kick it back in? I've had to do something like that before with 98...

well i did say in the first post that i have enabled it in device manager, and it still waits for me to go into my computer and click play on the dvd icon.
it used to boot into whatever i inserted streight away.

So did you do like I said? DISABLE it then ENABLE it? just do everything it says(such as restarting like I beleive it asks each time you chagne it) and see if it works.

if you right click on the drive you can set autoplay to start with either nero or media player or whatever programe you want it to. however it still wont start on the insertion of a disc. i have disabled it then enabled it in media player with no luck. i then disabled it and tryed it with nero as the autoplay setting, still no joy?????

I'm sorry dude...nothing's comming to mind right now... My only last resorts would be perhaps look for some service for autorun. Make sure it's enabled/restart it.

You might also try something like X-Setup. FOr some reason I'm thinking there was some autostart option in there. Perhaps you could download that and check it out.

Um, one more thing, just check what programs you have running in the background. Perhaps even boot your comp into safemode and see if it still doesn't work. if it does, perhaps run the repair option?

im thinking maybe the drive is getting kinda old...do you have another drive you can try? maybe reinstall the drivers for it if it has any. i didnt bother reading the ones above this so if they already said his then sry

Back
Top Bottom