Audio Driver Help

Liquidus

Beta member
I have a Dell 300m Laptop which has integrated AC97 audio on the motherboard as far as I understand. So when I reinstalled XP I can't seem to find the proper driver.

I tried downloading the realtek AC97 driver from their site but a message popped up saying that it doesn't meet windows logo testing, and soon after the install it crashes on me and gives me a blue screen saying "dumping memory" or something of the sort.

I tried going to my volume control but it says I have no mixers installed...so I'm lost can anyone tell me what kind of driver I need? Thanks. :)

Liquidus said:
I have a Dell 300m Laptop which has integrated AC97 audio on the motherboard as far as I understand. So when I reinstalled XP I can't seem to find the proper driver.

I tried downloading the realtek AC97 driver from their site but a message popped up saying that it doesn't meet windows logo testing, and soon after the install it crashes on me and gives me a blue screen saying "dumping memory" or something of the sort.

I tried going to my volume control but it says I have no mixers installed...so I'm lost can anyone tell me what kind of driver I need? Thanks. :)

this is for windows XP, i'm not sure what OS your running but i'm guessing its XP. try this, post back telling if it worked or not.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...=1&vercnt=5&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=118248

Back
Top Bottom