ATI Radeon X800

connchri

Daemon Poster
Hey, I was looking for a semi-decent GFX card and was only going to get GF6600GT because I can get them brand new for £130. Then I stubled accross this Radeon X800 for £175 here -

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=85235

For the price, it looks not bad, but I noticed it only has 12 pipelines. Anyone got any idea or links to benchmarks for it? Or how it copmares to the GF6600GT? I can't find any and this is not a Pro, XL nor XT version.

Oh, another thing, do you think that it would be possible to unlock the extra 4 pipelines?

Thanks

Chris.

i personally wouldnt go below the pro, in my opinion if it doesnt have a word afer the number (i.e x800xl, or 6600gt) then its crappy and go with the closest card that has some letters after it. in that case i'd go with the 6600gt only because if u get a sli mobo u can get another card

yea the 6600gt is the best vid card ive found right now for the price anywase its a nice card and worht the cash

Why buy something you are not sure about? New video cards are like certain car models; they may look good and have a decent price, but on the long run, some all have the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom