ATI RADEON X300 of NVIDIA FX5200

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
Right now, i have the FX5200, but my dad just got the X300 and he isn't going to use it, so i was wondering which one was better. i don't know the manufacturers on any of them, all i know is that they are both 128 MB and that's basically it.

i think the X300 is better, but im not sure so any opinions/facts will be appreciated :)

thanks

edit: i want to be able to play mediocre games like ROME TOTAL WAR and FIFA 2006 World Cup and i also do video editing if that makes a difference

i have an fx 5200 and i can run a lot of good games like doom 3, WOW, and unreal T, on medium to high settings just fine. but i dunno the x300 is made by ati and i think its onlt pci-express so you might not be able to use it unlees u have a pci-express port. but i think the x300 is better, if u can use it.

i know this sounds stupid, but is there anyway i can get an "extension" to connect to my pci slot or motherbaord that will let me use the x300; or is there a way that i can still use the Card in a PCI slot, but just not at 16x.

basically, is there any small chance i can use it without having a pci-ex on my mobo? any extensions?

thanks

Is your mobo a AGP or PCI-E? Because the X300 is PCI-E. And performance will be about the same as a 5200 anyways...it's ATI's PCI-E version of their 9200.

It hasn't even been opened yet? You can sell it off Ebay. I reckon you might get about $50-$60.

Back
Top Bottom