Ati or Dual Nvidia's?

i want a link to the full review at toms hardware .... i cant seem to find the link in ur review

edit: ok nvm found a link on google ... lol how much pwr it use? and will u be able to hook 2 of em up?

trance, ATI isn't going to be coming into the market with its own version of SLI.

Nvidia has SLI patented so no luck buddy. Unless ATI develops some radical new technology, you won't be seeing any ATI dual graphic card configurations.

And please do get 2 6800's. That will be an insane setup. SICK SICK setup. I mean, the x800 xt platinum edition won't be able tostand a chance.

and

*whisper*
i wouldn't take trance's comments too seriously, as I've followed his comments and he doesn't truly know what he is talking about.

Sorry trance, but if u want me to pick apart all of your comments, PM me, and i will gladly do so.

Unfortunately, you can't SLI 2 3D1's, because they're already being linked by SLI though the PCB board. But if they find a way to get 2 3D1's to SLI, it would be the "Ultimate ATI Killer".

u noe that even if nividia has the patent for "sli" then ati can buy the technology off them every time they wanted to use it in a card, although they probably will lose abunch of money paying to borrow the design, it is a far of possibility

That would be dumb of ATi to do, now they could make a system where no bridge piece was required to connect the cards, and make some minor changes, and wala! They have their own form of "SLi"

blah blah said:
u noe that even if nividia has the patent for "sli" then ati can buy the technology off them every time they wanted to use it in a card, although they probably will lose abunch of money paying to borrow the design, it is a far of possibility
They could always do the apparently legal thing Real did and got away with; take the card and copy the SLi Technology :p

i sure hope sli technology stays with nvidia. it would be a shame for ati to just steal it. im actually more of a fan for nvidia but i had a bad experience with a card from nvidia in the past so right now my ati is working fine. of course, once i save up adequte $$$, ill be able to get the two 6800's in sli, or maybe just wait for the 6900. what sould i do LK? or amd zen? what do you think's best?

Lol - they can't. Even the twits in America can realise stealing SLi is illegal even if they can't realise stealing Content Management Systems isn't.

Back
Top Bottom