artic silver 5

With both my Quad core installations, I used the instructions stated in the manual:

I just drew a line with it that wasn't too thick or too thin down the middle between the two cores, or 1 in your case, and placed the heatsink on top spreading it.

Not really happy with the Tuniq Towers actual core temps on my brothers build though, but the chip itself is cooler :s

I noticed that too. The Tuniqs work much better with the Thermal paste that they came with. With AS5, I was getting 36 degrees in BIOS, with their thermal paste I was getting 30.

Really?

I'm getting around 19 degrees C in the BIOS, and then on Asus Probe when I get into Windows around 24 degrees C

But on Core Temp, I'm getting around 37-36-32-32, which is almost the same as on my Zalman 9700 running the Q6600 at 3.2GHZ idle, which sits at around 38-39-35-33, and my brothers is still at 2.4ghz...
I'm hoping when its cured it'll be slightly lower.
But maybe the load temps will be less than on mine?

Haha, I can't even overclock his anyway it seems, as if I set the overclock to manual in the BIOS, I can change the multiplier, but can't touch the FSB.. :s
And this is on the Asus Striker Extreme...hmm

Well, that was when it was really hot in my room. I get like 34/40 idle in Everest, and this is with 3.8Ghz on my e6600.

Yeah, maybe if I do manage to overclock it, maybe the temps will actually end up lower than mine, since at idle, there may not be much against the two heatsinks.

Well, I am setting up a WC kit... so my Tuniq is soon going bye bye :(.

What OC you shooting for?

Well, if I can manage 3.2GHZ on his, I'll be happy, but with a Tuniq Tower, 3.6GHZ may be reachable.
I can reach 3.6GHZ easy on mine, but temps at load are around 65 degrees on all 4 cores, which may be slightly too hot for 24 hour use when pushed. You think?

well i lapped my hsf with 600 grit sand paper, after cleaning it.

went to install it and the pins on the HSF to get pusehd down got bend so i had to pull it off, i was using the line method before I had to pull it off, as I did that I decided to just smuge it around on the hsf and cpu so i ended up using the cc method and i have lost 8*c from lapping and as5 :D

Well, if I can manage 3.2GHZ on his, I'll be happy, but with a Tuniq Tower, 3.6GHZ may be reachable.
I can reach 3.6GHZ easy on mine, but temps at load are around 65 degrees on all 4 cores, which may be slightly too hot for 24 hour use when pushed. You think?

65 under load? That is high, but if you aren't using the processor to test orthos demos you should be fine lol.

Are they both G0?

@Thelis

well if your setting up WC you have to get a high end system because air cooling is more effective than any WC system under $300

With both my Quad core installations, I used the instructions stated in the manual:

I just drew a line with it that wasn't too thick or too thin down the middle between the two cores, or 1 in your case, and placed the heatsink on top spreading it.

Not really happy with the Tuniq Towers actual core temps on my brothers build though, but the chip itself is cooler :s

your suppost to make a cross with quad core
follow artic silver instructions

Back
Top Bottom