artic silver 5

novauniao96

Baseband Member
I have an amd athlon 3200 socket 939 and I put some artic silver on the heat spreader and spread it out, since this is what the website I was going by said to do, I put on the heatsink and fan and latched it down, but then I took off the heatsink and switched it around so the fan cable would be closer to the connection on the mobo

I then read the actual website for artic silver and it said that you have to take off all the artic silver and reapply it everytime you take off the heatsink and fan. It recommended some or it's own products to take off the paste, I was wondering if its ok just to take the paste off with a paper towel, or do you really need to buy those products to take it off. Does anyone have any experience as far as removing the paste off the heat spreader and heatsink, whats the best way to do it

I wouldnt take it off with a paper towel. Not very smart.

I usually use alchohol pads.

Your would ripe your CPU with what you wipe your a.......
Sure the company wants to sell more and more products, but as airiox states, I guess alcohol pads that you can buy cheap at a pharmacy should do the trick.

Vodka works very well . No joke either, I wipe all my heatsinks down with it, cleans off everything, and makes it shine like a mirror.
BTW dont use rubbing alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom