Arg!Slowness!

SASSoldier

Baseband Member
Hi, I have just reinstalled Morrowind onto my computer and for some reason the game lags like no tomorrow, i practicly cant move the mouse its that slow, it worked fine for me the other month but now i dont know whats up with it. Help?

oh and i forgot to mention, the same thing happened to me with Battlefield 1942, i reinstalled it and it lagged. Is my CPU dying?

What the specs of your pc?
Check how fast the processor is going, see if its changed.

My Comp is pretty crap but: AMD Athlon 1.05 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon 7600 i think and 768 megs of RAM as for the MOBO i dont know.

well it played Half-Life 2 good, and with Morrowind and BF1942, the worked fine not so long ago but now...i dunno...

Make sure that there arnt any background processes. You should be able to run the game on low settings fine. But.. Then again.. Maybe not. but hell im sure that you could no problem. And you said that it worked fine before. So one thing is disable some start up processes.

run>msconfig>last tab>disable unneeded system stuff.

then again, scan your system for all the unwatned stuff. Maybe your hard drive is too full? Or if you never restart your computer you might wanna do that to refresh the catch, and ram. So.. hope that helps.

ok cool thx for the help, you know whats weird though? Whether i crank the games to full settings or the lowest settings it still goes all slow, its really strange...

Well, what you could do is always, do a disk cleanup, and a disk defrag. Try cleaning it for viruses, and taking off unwanted progs. Every little thing helps.

Back
Top Bottom