Anyone own a Sony Vaio??

MISTIKMACK

Beta member
If so, do you guys know how to reformat the hard drive w/ Windows XP OS :confused: ? I've owned a Dell laptop before, which had a copy of all the disks including the OS boot CD. Unlike the Dell, my Vaio didn't include any kinds of CD. I have copies of the Recovery cds, which I made, as recommended by Sony, when I first got my Vaio. I've searched the internet for answers but came out empty.
Thanks in advance!

By the way, Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

pop in windows xp PRO and reboot it should start up the install

i owned a vaio up untill yesterday and it is siting out in the hall and waiting for the dumpster... I HATED THAT THING!!!! lucky tommorow is XMAS and i get parts for a custom 64 BIT

hmm well i dont think it will becuase sony auto sets bios to boot from hdd first, all you need to do is search in the instructions manual from your Vaio search for "changing boot sequence" or "bios" once in you need to change your boot sequence to boot from cd, then "pop in" the dell windows xp cd and restart... make sure you have drivers/ files backed up :)

good luck and hope father crimbo gets you something good

no the default order is CD how else will the recovery CD's work?!?!?! so yes pop in the PRO CD and that should work

sony has it where you can not enter the bios, but in my vaio's last days i was able to crack into it, i dont remember how i did it though

Back
Top Bottom