Any idea what this could be?

Cabbs

Golden Master
This is a problem with my friend's puter, I have no clue what it is. XS wasn't much help either. I'm gonna try to get him over here, in the mean time, here's his post.

ok so i was playing combat flight simulators 2 and 3 for awhile when my monitor decided on its own to go into digital power saving mode (basically a blank screen) i reset my comp and it booted up just fine except it had a error message covering the entire screen with instructions on what might fix this problem, the screen had a clickable button to restore my active desktop i clicked it and it said something to the effect of the file not being able to be read so i tried to get my wallpaper back on the screen and nope it didnt work
so i shut down everything and turned it back on and my wallpaper was back on the screen no error message. so i thought it was fixed
in the message it said something about rightclick/properties/desktop tab/customize desktop/web tab/homepage check box, so i checked the box to see what would happen and nothing did until i turned my computer on today
there was a white screen covering half my screen with a draggable sizing cursor on the side that wasnt covering my wallpaper. so i went into that right click etc etc deal and unchecked the box hit apply and nothing happened so i clicked the box again to put my home page back onto my desktop hit apply and it went away. but now every time i set a new wallpaper with irfanview that white screen appears again over half the screen. ok im done any ideas on how to get rid of this flippin half white screen problem would be much appreciated i can provide screenshots or computer info if i must im running XP
here is one pic
Clipboard01.jpg

Basically there's a white box that appears on his desktop every time he sets a wallpaper.

I'm not sure how Vista has it laid out on display properties but I'd definitely have a look on all the settings under that. This is obviously some software issue. I think if display settings don't work I'd try reinstalling the display drivers although the taskbar is being shown properly.

He's on XP, he's just running the Zune theme.

I think he managed to fix his problem. There is a home page with a check box that he unchecked under right click on desktop>properties somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom