Another game problem, this time halo's online play

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I just installed halo on my new computer. When I try and play online it checks for updates, than loads the gamespy server lobby, like it should. Than after I click get list, nothing happens, after a short time it says "there is an error contacting the gamespy master server" I have run this multiplayer on my old computer with no problem, but on my new one, its not working. I have disabled anti-virus, and firewall, run it and gamespy in compatibility mode and as an admin. I am running vista RC1 x64 and have dial-up but thats all halo requires is dial-up.

Any ideas?

yea ive had this problem as well, have you tried using halo's in game online service?

i havent had this problem yet but that might be because i dont use online yet i want to get familiar with the comtrols.

Oh, yeah thats how I always try and do it. Ok now it sensed an update like it usedafter first installing it on my old computer. Maybe it was cause I was downloading a file yesterday, and that was taking all the bandwith. Well that file didnt finish anyway, just stopped at 24mbs.

dude no offense..but halo has the most sketchy online play..like its very easy for people to lag etc. ...but make sure you didnt change ne thing in the internet properties on the game...one time i changed the port number on accident..so it didnt let me join ne thing until i reset it lol!

Yeah, it was the bandwith problem.
I never start my own games in halo cause of my dial-up, can only support 2. But I join games and usually its ok, cept sometimes it gets laggy. Especially when others support more people than their internet can really handle.

sounds like your problem is with gamespy.. not sure with halo but with most online games you can join via the main menu.. I usually like to do this because there is no other software stealing performance.

No, it works now, I was using all my bandwith for a download but it works now. Gotta study for finals though.

Back
Top Bottom