Annoying Laptop Repair

ace777

Fully Optimized
Basically I had a friend ask me to fix his computer, he said one day he turned it on and it started randomly BSODing. This was 6 months ago, I fixed it 3 weeks ago after it sitting for nearly a half a year. Anyways found it was a bad RAM stick and everything went just fine. A week later he says he wants to sell it, so I took it back a did a few housekeepings to the OS, and tweaked it for speed. Anyways today I was booting it up, and making a double check before I returned it. I accidently hit the power button, and I heard a loud beep. Then it proceeded to shutdown or hibernate ( not sure I wasn't looking at screen) and so I try and boot it back up and there is NOTHING. When I plug a adapter in, the battery charge light comes on and thats it. Tried the hold the power button down for 30 seconds, tried taking out battery, tried only battery, I have tried everything I can think of. I have the laptop pulled apart and I don't see any burns on the laptop but there is a slightly chared area around the fan but its not from electrical its heat. Any ideas on what I can do I feel bad about this even though its nothing I did, I would like to get his computer working again D:/\

Unplug the power, disconnect the battery, hold down the power button for 15 seconds. Plug ONLY the power back in and try turning it on again. If that doesn't work, leave it unplugged and without a battery for at least 2 hours, and then try again with just the AC adapter. You can also try taking the RAM out of the system, as well as the hard drive during that 2 hour window. You can do it in only an hour, I just pick 2 hours when this happens to me to maximize my diagnostic effort.

What kind of laptop is it? I know there's a lot of HP laptops out there with this exact issue, and unfortunately it's usually a motherboard replacement.

Back
Top Bottom