Analog out of Range

CarbonFiberComp

Baseband Member
When I play Crysis I get the "Analog out of Range" error a lot and it totally freezes my computer. Its a 22'' LG monitor and the computer is a i7-920, 3GB DDR3, and an ATI Radeon 4850. Anyone have any clue how to fix this?

Everytime you try to run Crysis you mean?
Happen with anything else?

It seems like you are pushing your monitor past its limits in resolution, or this is what seems to be happening.

You can fix this though.

Go to the game folder first. For instance, mines in 'E:\Games\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis'

Within there you'll find a System.cfg file. Open this up.

Change where it says, for example on mine:

r_width=1680
r_height=1050

to something your monitor can provide, for instance 1280x1024, or, what you run your desktop at.

Then File, Save, and you are done!

If this happens however in the middle of a game and not just at start up, it could be leading to more serious problems. Especially if it is actually crashing your PC, and not just switching off the screen.

I hope this helps :)

Yup I can open up the game and I can play it but during it after a short while it goes to the analog out of range. I can't even shut off the computer using the power button I need to turn off the power strip unless it is just frozen there and it will never stop. Sometimes the speakers emit a strange sort of noise too.

It sounds to me like your video card is starting to go out on you.

Do you play any other games? Does the same thing happen?

It could be that Crysis pushes the video card a lot more, and so the problem is more likely to occur then.

Is it overclocked? If so, push it back to stock.

Unlikely, but check the card is seated properly.

Remove drivers, and re-install the latest drivers from ATI.

If those ideas do not work, send the card back for a replacement, as it is definietly faulty.

1 year parts and labor so that should cover it hopefully. But you know these companies they try to tell you there's nothing wrong -_- Let's hope I can get a new part and let's hope that the gfx card is the problem

Try lowering the refresh rate and set the resolution to something lower in the game options. It sounds like the game is playing in a resolution and/or refresh rate the monitor can't handle.

Back
Top Bottom