AMD X2 3800+ or AMB 64 4000+

ImNotReady4Me

Solid State Member
guys, I'm new to this forum for one, the main reason is that I am deciding on what to get for an upgrade of my current system. I've chosen a Gigabyte K8N SLI Pro mobo. and a single 7800GTX vid card for now until I have more for the 2nd one later. But I cant decide on an X2 3800+ cpu running at 2.0GHz with the dual core or a 64 4000+ running at 2.4GHz. I haven't been able to find any benchmarks comparing these or anything like these. Plz give your opinions or try to point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot!

-Shane

so, even tho the 4000+ runs 400Mhz faster, it wont be any difference or the X2 will still be better....and do you all know if this will last a while, any sort of predictions about future effects of dual core processors....and has anyone seen any benchmarks on either cpu, if so where at? thnx a lot!

I posted a link to some benchmarks earlier.

All I know is that AMD is gonna move their entire desktop line to the Socket-M2 in 2006, and they'll be releasing multi-core CPU's, as will Intel.

acphenom said:
I posted a link to some benchmarks earlier.

All I know is that AMD is gonna move their entire desktop line to the Socket-M2 in 2006, and they'll be releasing multi-core CPU's, as will Intel.

well they've already released multicores, theyll just have socket-m2 multi-cores. Look at it this way, a lot of people will still be using socket 752 amd processors when the socket-m2 comes out. That dual core will last you a while, it wont be the latest and the greatest, but it will be more then suffice for quite some time.

Apple already has multi-cored processors out (IBM made multi-core processors for a bit). The new Apple G5 Quad is out. It's two dual-core G5's running at 2.5ghz each. It's lovely...despite the price.

http://www.apple.com/powermac/

Get multi-core. Here's why.. Within the next 12-18 months, dual core CPUs will fill the mainstream PC market. By the end of 2006, more than 70% of all desktops and moblie computers will be multi core. That's something to think about. Dual core is 'in'. Not that single core is going out. For traditional CPUs, they will always have a home to budget users.

alright, thnx a lot guys! now that I've figured that much out, any opinions on vid. cards would be greatly appreciated. Idk if the 1800xt is better or even where I can get it from for that matter or the 7800gtx....and should I hold off for Crossfire boards to come out if the 1800xt is better....gosh theres just too much new technology comin out now or soon lol

Back
Top Bottom