AMD vs Intel vs Apple (NO FLAMING!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, wonder who I voted for... AMD all the way! Keep those votes coming, this thread is sticky for a reason...

I had seen PC with AMD in the past and they were quite unstable. Today they seem to have pick up as I see but;
I am an INTEL guy chip wise, not motherboard wise. I have been using computers for the ~ the last 15 years, and I never once had a major problem with INTEL processors. I presently use an INTEL PIV 3.2 Gig 1 Meg cache, and I believe that if you are happy with what you've got, stick to it. When I see a fast AMD in action and am impressed, I could change.
After all, aren't we all running after speed.

zero4zero said:
I had seen PC with AMD in the past and they were quite unstable. Today they seem to have pick up as I see but;
I am an INTEL guy chip wise, not motherboard wise. I have been using computers for the ~ the last 15 years, and I never once had a major problem with INTEL processors. I presently use an INTEL PIV 3.2 Gig 1 Meg cache, and I believe that if you are happy with what you've got, stick to it. When I see a fast AMD in action and am impressed, I could change.
After all, aren't we all running after speed.

Well AMD has way better quality chips than Intel. Intel is still ok, but I've seen better a.k.a. AMD

Hyper Transport is related to BUS speeds, not Threading applications... HyperTransport allows for the 1600Mhz and 2000MHz FSB...

Intels HT is good technology, I must admit that. However, AMD is the best at 3DNow! and 3DNow! +
So... Intel lost some ground there... And AMD is working on chip optimization rather then just pure speed. This is why I prefer AMD.

BTW!! NO QUOTING PLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom