Amd Phenom X4 Deneb 3.0 Gh overclocking

noobbuilder2000

In Runtime
I was wondering. I heard something about being locked in processors and stuff but have no clue what they mean.
I wana over clock my cpu but i wana know how much to put the voltage. I tried going to my bios and check but everything is like locked how should i unlock it.

Sorry I iz noob.

The 940 Black Edition CPU's have an unlocked multiplier. I don't know if they made non BE 940 chips.

First off you want to make sure you have adequate cooling. Thats your CPU and ensure enough air flows through the case.

With an unlocked multiplier you can start to raise it to increase your clock speed then test the overclock for stability with a stress tester. If you raise the multiplier and you hit stability issues then this is where you start to increase the CPU voltage. I wouldn't go over 1.4-1.5V unless you have very good cooling.

You don't have to unlock anything.

Go into the BIOS and go into the advanced settings tab. Your CPU multiplier setting shoud be there together with the other OC settings.

Yeah your board will not be locked. On that board you go to your BIOS and in the AI Tweaker menu. From there you have to set the AI Tweaker tuner to Manual and that will open up the options for CPU Frequency Multiplier, CPU Frequency, and PCIe Frequency. The CPU Frequency multiplier is what everyone here is referring to when they say to increase the multiplier.

What do you have for a heatsink?
Do you have a temperature monitoring program?
Do you have a stress testing program?

I have it on auto but i scarred that if i do somthing wrong i might fuck somthing up. :(
also how do u do benchmarking . to see ur pc performence or what ever.

Back
Top Bottom