Amd Faster Than Intel

My P4 is a 3.2Ghz Norwood 800fsb

I use a Zalman 7000Alcu cooler at the moment. But I'm going to put a water cooling system together in the next couple of weeks.

Then I'm going Peltier (if I haven't destroyed my pc by then).

Phase change will probable come around by christmas.

I can honestly say that if I ran everything at stock speed, it would be More than fast enough.

But overclocking's a good hobby. That's why I'm going through the other cooling solutions, and not going straigh for phase change.

gibant1 said:
Dont get caught up in the 'few frames extra here and there' discussions.

gibant1 said:
The AMD will drop frames and pause a little.

Make your mind up...
Either framerate is unimportant, or it is important that the AMD will drop a frame in the unlikely event that a high priority task runs in the background using masses of memory.

If it's an important argument against the AMD that it drops frames every now and then, then it's an important argument against Intel that the achievable frame rate is consistently lower.

Idont mean the fps rate in fraps, drops a few frames, I mean your racing around a corner on nfs2 underground, there's a bit of a pause and then you find yourself smashing into a wall because the momentum has been lost.

It's REALLY annoying.

gibant1 said:
After 5 Years of AMD'S I moved to Intel and throw you AMD boy's one challenge.

Find someone who has had a Fast Hyperthreading Intel and prefers an AMD.

Once you see the difference of how your machine performs at everday tasks, there is NO GOING BACK.

After 5 Years of Intel I moved to AMD and.....now my computer is 5x faster.

*cough*

AHAHA. So you overclocked your CPU from 3.2 to 3.85 with just case fans and a cpu heatsink/fan?? I've never heard of gains this big!

You are on my ignore list,but probably just cheaper and hotter,
So whats the point after that ?
I'm not an AMD "fan" as one isn't included.
:eek:

bluto said:
You are on my ignore list,but probably just cheaper and hotter,
So whats the point after that ?
I'm not an AMD "fan" as one isn't included.
!:eek:
Was that or was that not a completely pointless post.? :D

Lol - after 5 years of using Intel I'd expect the computer to be far more than 5 times faster! :D I'd expect 10, 20 times faster - and innumerably faster in a more real sense.

Back
Top Bottom