AMD compared to Intel

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
How would the AMD's compare to Intels?

What i mean is like, what would the equivalent of a Q6600 be for AMD? Or the equivalent of a P4 in AMD.

Im just asking because i know stuff about Intel but nothing about AMD.

I just dont get all the AMD names like Sempron and Phenom. Is that the same as like Pentium and Quad core?

The direct competitors for the C2D range is the Athlon 64 X2 series. Phenom is the name of AMD's brand new range of CPUs which use their new Architecture and Hypertransport standard(AMD's equivalent of Intels FSB speed) and will come in in quad, dual and triple core form. The current competitor for the Q6600 is the Phenom Quad core 9600. The P4 is pretty old, wouldn't it be better to compare the Celerons with the Semprons (both low-end, single core, budget CPUs that do their job)

The direct competitors for the C2D range is the Athlon 64 X2 series. Phenom is the name of AMD's brand new range of CPUs which use their new Architecture and Hypertransport standard(AMD's equivalent of Intels FSB speed) and will come in in quad, dual and triple core form. The current competitor for the Q6600 is the Phenom Quad core 9600. The P4 is pretty old, wouldn't it be better to compare the Celerons with the Semprons (both low-end, single core, budget CPUs that do their job)

Oo ok thank you

If you look for Amd vs Intel or the other way around in the search engine here you'll find a lot of talk about just that. This debate has been raging on for a good while.

I didnt really mean like comparing them just mean like whats the equivalent in each one but you helped me out

Back
Top Bottom