Amd Athlon X2 Brisbane 3600+ Overclock

i bought this thing less then a month ago and its already proved its value :D
the stock speed is 1.9Ghz not even 2 but after i remebered that i needed to lower the HT speed i got this thing all the way up to 2.7Ghz :cool: the only thing holding me back is my ram not that it is cheap but my bios wont let me change the FSB:RAM ratio :mad: my DDR2 A-Data ram(currently priced 45$ on newegg) is running at 1080Mhz 5-5-5-18 which is AMAZING for this price range.
i get a 5206 in CPU Queen on everest which is only 200 behind a stock E6700
my 1M time in Super Pi is 32.687 :D and super pi doesnt use both cores

more benches soon too

24C idle 42C MAX two instances of prime95
1.4 VCore

HOT DAMN! i found it you have to change the defualt ram type from AUTO to DDR667 under the advanced chipset memory selection this changes the ratio to CPU\6 :D :D :D

You have a major problem with double posting rudster..

Anyway, nice OC..that's like a 42% overclock.
I've got my E6600 from 2.4GHz to 3.9 stable, so that's a 63% overclock. My best SuperPi time is I think 13 or 14 seconds..

You have a major problem with double posting rudster..

Anyway, nice OC..that's like a 42% overclock.
I've got my E6600 from 2.4GHz to 3.9 stable, so that's a 63% overclock. My best SuperPi time is I think 13 or 14 seconds..

yes yes i know about my double posting but who cares really its not like i OVER post with pointless posts BUT anyways

OK your cpu has 2.38 times better times than me
You paid 3.81 times as much as i did

I got better bang for my buck and for me thats what i care about most. Im not saying this CPU is better its not but i DO think C2D are overpriced. BUT if i was intel there is no reason to lower them because people are buying them and thats that.

In the end when 2 major markets compete the guy with a tight budget comes out winning ;)

Back
Top Bottom