Is this alright temp

kabirhussein

Solid State Member
Hi

i installed everest on my pc lastnite and while dowloadings somes songs, burning a DVD my CPU temp was 63/64 degrees

is this ok as i was a bit worried as to why it was so hot

This is my spec

AMD Sempron 2600

2 x Kingston 512MB

Fans that I have running are:

80mm UV LED Fan Blue Frame
Extra Value 120mm Internal Case Fan In Black
Ebuyer Extra Value System Exhaust Blower Fan
Standard 80mm fan

Seagate Barracuda ST3160023A Plus 160GB 7200RPM

Looks like its a bit on the hot side. My AMD 64 X2 4200+ runs about 34C under load in a room maintaiained at 74 degrees. What speed is your CPU fan running at? Was the heat sink installed with a good quality heat sink paste? Are the fans blowing in the right directions?

Whew, the 60's. It's tolerable, but I agree that it's high. I don't know about Semprons, but the Athlon XPs tend to run in the mid to high 50's idle. Were you doing something on the PC when you took those readings? Make sure the CPU has no spiking processes while letting Everest sit in the background, then look at the temps again.

HI sorry not sure what you mean by this comment

"Make sure the CPU has no spiking processes while letting Everest sit in the background, then look at the temps again"

should i close all processes except the basic XP processes and then load everest.

Many thanks for all help in advance

he means make sure there arent any processes making the cpu spike up to 100% then go back down, that is a bit hot for a semperon i think, i would replace the thermal paste on the heatsink with some artic silver 5 and if that doesnt make a noticealbe difference u should think about a new heatsink

EDIT: oh and leave the side off the case for a while and see if that helps

Hi thanks for that i will give this a try

just a quick question i practially leave my pc on 24 / 7 and there are times the system slows down and the CPU is going from 100% to 40/50 (usage)

any idea why this would occur if i have a few programs running, msn, i always check wat processes i have running and they aint any ones that seem unusual to me.

I do also do a spyware check once in a while and touch wood have never found any major spyware

I think you may want to try an aftermarket CPU cooler for your Sempron processor. If you can get it down to the 50's, that would be pretty good. From that website you linked, they're suppose to have a threshold of 65 degrees? I think that holds true for Athlon 64s and other newer AMD CPUs.

Back
Top Bottom