Airline dropped my PC- Bluescreens result

lysander

Beta member
Hey everyone-

I have a custom built PC with an asus A7N8X mobo and an athlon 3000+ Barton. I was flying home from las vegas a couple weeks ago with the tower packed in a samsonite hardshell suitcase, but the airline managed to drop it from quite a height and mess it up pretty bad. When I first saw it, the CPU heatsink and fan (a big ole cooler-master deal that has worked wonders in the past,) had been totally torn free from the socket and was loose in the case. Since trying to reassemble everything and while waiting for some $$$ from the airline, I've found that I can only run the CPU frequency at 133MHz resulting in a 1.7GHz clock speed. The system SHOULD run at 200MHz freq and a resulting 2.2GHz or so (you know how athlon is with cpu speeds...) if I try to set the freq at 200MHz, it works for a few minutes and then give me a bluescreen. The CPU never seems to go above 60 degrees C, and I have an alarm set in case it does which hasn't gone off yet. If not overheat, what on earth could be casusing this??

sorry to write so much, thanks for your help!
-Lysander

Back
Top Bottom