AHH stupid dual channel

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i still cant get dual channel to work, all i get are just long beeps, with one 1-2 seconds between them......
the manual doesnt say anything about long beeps...
im getting annoyed, anybody know whats wrong or have an idea on how to fix it? my rig is on my sig.
thanks in advance

according to the manual, on slot 1 and 3 is single channel, which is what i got.
i tried putting it on 1 and 2, which the manual says, all i get is long beeps and no boot, tried on 2 and 4, and still nothing.

First of all the two ram sticks have to be of the same type. For example> Two sticks of 512MB ddr400
If you use two sticks of different types, it doesn't work.

Next there appears to be some confusion as to how the memory slots are labeled. The one closest to the cpu is slot 0. In a 4 slot setup the far right is slot 3. Put one card in by the cpu, far left. and the other card in the 3rd slot going away from the cpu.
BTW if your system is setup for dual channel the slots should be color coded. Two of one color on the right and two of another color on the left. In that case one in the left slot of the one color and one in the left slot of the other color.
Modern boards will switch to dual channel mode all by themselves if the cards match up and are in the right slots.

my ram is already on slot 1 and 3.
i ran the memtest86+ 1.70 with my ram on slot 1 and 3 in single channel, then i did a memtest with one stick and past five tests, then i switched out the ram and ran memtest on my second stick, and it also passed 5 tests. i ran the standard test (1-10).
i putted them in the color coded slot, which was slot 1 and 2 or 3 and 4, and still get long beeps.
my ram are both PNY Optima DDR2 5300.

Back
Top Bottom