~ AGP/Video card question ~

quartz01

In Runtime
i have a mobo that has a AGP 4X slot. Now i know a ti4200 is made for 8X slots, but will also work in a AGP 4X slot. And then there is the Ti 500 which is made for 4X slots, but will also work in a 2X slot. I preatty sure that the ti4200 has only slightly better specs the the ti500. But will my computer play games better with a ti500 then a ti4200 because it is made for 4x AGP slots? Or am i making a n00b mistake????

well it depends. usually 1.2v or im guessing 4x and 2x have 2 notches, and 1.5v or 8x have one notch. so it depends on your motherboard...

alvino said:
well it depends. usually 1.2v or im guessing 4x and 2x have 2 notches, and 1.5v or 8x have one notch. so it depends on your motherboard...

what he said :D

notches??? what the hell (sorry i am a n00b in hw).. how do i check to see which one i have?? (i am probley making an ass of my self)

there are notches on the graphics card and the agp slot (i think) not sure. Wait for somebody to clear this up for you.

on your graphics card there are the golden contact pins (the part where you stick it in the AGP slot). if there are 2 notches(you know what notches are right?) then its 2x and 4x. if it only has 1 then its 8x. you get it now?

Back
Top Bottom