AGP 8x Card in a 2x Socket

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have an oldish PC (Dell Dimension XPS T700R). It has a agp 2x socket (with a nVidia TNT2 M64) but I have a spare graphics card (which I have taken out of a newer pc), the problem is that it is a AGP 8x, its a Powercolor ATI Radeon 9550 256MB, so does anybody know if it will work? Or will the voltage difference destroy the card? I have tried to reseach this subject without much luck. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have an oldish PC (Dell Dimension XPS T700R). It has a agp 2x socket (with a nVidia TNT2 M64) but I have a spare graphics card (which I have taken out of a newer pc), the problem is that it is a AGP 8x, its a Powercolor ATI Radeon 9550 256MB, so does anybody know if it will work? Or will the voltage difference destroy the card? I have tried to reseach this subject without much luck. Thanks in advance for any advice.

the card wont be destroyed however it wont function corectly , the effects could be anything from weird coloured display like tinted green or lines acros the screen to no image displayed at all

ya u need a agpslot x4 or x8
im surprised they gave u a x2 slot they were used so shortly

Back
Top Bottom