After 31 days my laptop screen CRACKED!

adinsite

Beta member
I recently purchased a brand new ACER ASPIRE 6920 because I dropped my last laptop and broke the screen or LCD I think it's called. I was being very carefull with my new laptop and I never took it off my desk. When I was done with it I would close the lid always very gently! Then one day I lifted very carefully the laptop to the open position and SNAP!!!@*(%$!!
THE SCREEN WAS CRACKED DIAGNALLY LEAVING 1/2 OF THE SCREEN WITH COLORFUL VERTICAL LINES! :mad:
I called the manufacturer and it will cost almost as much to fix it as it did brand new. Is there a place I can take or send my two laptops both this ACER and my old hp pavillion to get replacement LCD's for an affordable price?:confused:

I know I can connect the laptop to another monitor but I would rather the screen work on it's own

I also know ebay has alot of screens but I don't know what kind of screens or LCDs I need.
My ACER HAS A 16" HD CINE CRYSTAL LCD
MY HP PAVILLION NOTEBOOK (i think dv6000 series) is 15.4"

I need all the help I can get so please feel free to reply.

Well that sucks man,you may be able to find a service manual for your laptop on the acer website,that'll tell you the part number of the screen.

i think you have to find your make and model of the laptop and order it somewhere.
its not hard replacing the screen. when i tried to check my motherboard on my laptop, all i have to do it remove some parts, and screws, and the screen just comes out, then put in the new one. now i am not talking about just the screen, i am talking about the whole half of the motherboard. Its best to know some connections like someone that works with Acer.
One time, one of my friend bought a laptop, brand new, brought it over to another friends house, and we were all in a room, there was 3 laptops. Then 2 other people came in (married couple i think) and start rough housing, and they were like all over the room, my laptop got stepped about once, and i was closed (but it was okay) But my friend brand new laptop flipped way over than its suppose to because i was open at an angle and some weight went on it, and then the scree cracked. he got depressed, and he only had it for like 5 hours. But he knew some connections and can get a new screen for about $100 and the guy that broke it said he would pay for it.

Have you thought about contacting Japan wholesalers to see if they have that sort of screen? that could be another option

Have you thought about contacting Japan wholesalers to see if they have that sort of screen? that could be another option

Wouldn't that involve ridiculous shipping prices though? But if it's cheap it could be a good trade off. I wouldn't dismiss the idea. I'm also surprised that you can't get it replaced. It's not like you wanted to break it.

Back
Top Bottom