Advise

sback

Baseband Member
Iam trying to find a reputble dealer that i can purchase a motherboard from.

THE Problem its of a friends computer that wont boot up it powers up then shuts down immediatley so the conseces of opinion is that its an MOB fault i have replaced all the other parts with kit i have laying around so i can say with some conviction its the MOB now the mother board is an asus P5Sd1-FM2/s there doesnt seem to be anymore of these about , well i cant find one so i need a like replacement or an outfit that does have one .

Beleave it or not my 2 emails to asus uk have come up blank with no response !

So anyone have any idea's much appreciated if you can help .

well, first off, if you want to get a new MOBO, try newegg.com. Their prices are pretty reasonable. I don't know if they ship to the UK or not, but it's worth finding out.

it could also be a PSU or even a simple power switch problem (it also sounds kind of like a short in the system) are there any beep codes when this happens, or does it just go straight off?

hes in the UK so newegg isnt much use. I use overclockers and ebuyer for my pc stuff

Thanks for getting back so quickly . as part of my checks ive done a bypass on the on/off switch and there are no beep codes it is literally 5 seconds from pressing the on button to shutdown

sorry mate looks like we all ignored the problem and assumed u jus wanted a new motherboard.

right well 1 thing to try would be take all of the components out of the case and build them on a sheet of anti static 'paper' or an anti static bag or something i had the same problem with mine it was shorting out against the case

Yep, sounds like its shorting to me, did you fit it onto standoffs when you installed it?

never thought about shorting good thinking ill have a look (i didnt install it , its a dell computer )

Back
Top Bottom