Administrator access

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
I don't have administrator privilages on my computer for some reason. I'm thinking a virus or something but I've done so many scans, and I find a different one every time. When I start ZoneAlarm I get that Error virus message thingy that says "Your computer will restart in 60 seconds" So I have no idea what to do.

On the log in screen all there is is my account. But when I go to safe mode there is mine as well as an Admintrator account. When I try to run services.msc or the task manager and other things it says "NO!" well.. not really, it says this action has been disabled my your administrator or something along those lines.

Please help! ?

Thanks!

-Q

Edit:

Well, this Microsoft C++ Runtime thing comes up and says "Buffer Overrun" and it says it has to end explorer.exe. Then it ends and just comes back up.

I did root kit scans and virus scans.. blah blahb lah

I finally got spybot sd and it found
Microsoft.Windows.AppFirewallBypass (3 of em)
Microsoft.Windows.Explorer (2 of them)
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride (1 or them)
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.TaskManager (1 or them)
NewDotNet (1 of them)
Virtumonde (9 of them)

Virtumonde is the thing that keeps opening Advertisments in IE everytime I open a new page.

Smitfraud-C. (1)
Zlob.SiteEntry (3) \
Zlob.DNSChanger (1) / http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=15015

7faSSt

Eh, alot more...

Administration Virus

Could not run any processes. Services.msc, taskmanager, regedit…
No RUN or TurnOff Command on start menu.
Advertisements, Adware. When I open new browsers
Computer restart if I had cable unplugged then plugged it back in when Windows started. It would only not restart when I had the cable in before I turned on computer.
When I logged off (only choice) to turn off, it said “Closing Network Connections” (or somewhere along those lines.) So I new there was a Trojan :p

Ran AVG Pro – many viruses – Problem not fixed
CHKDSK – That didn't do anything…
Ran AVG Rootkit scan – no root kits – problem not fixed
Ran AVG Pro in safe mode – found viruses – problem not fixed
Ran Spybot – FOUND ||
---Zlob (various types) Trojan – Networking and Administrative problem Found, ------------------Repaired, Solved.
---Virtumonde – Adware – Avertisement pop up. Problem found, repaired, Solved.

Spybot also found
 Microsoft.Windows. AppFireWallBypass
 Microsoft.Windows.Explorer
 Microsoft.WindowsSecurity.AntiVirusOverride
 Microsoft.WindowsSecurity.TaskManager
These all aided in the Zlob process. Taking away my administrative powers and overriding my walls/anti-viruses. No matter if it was ZoneAlarm, Windows Firewall, or Black Ice defend and others.. it will get past any of them 

Then I ran SpyHunter for extra security (made for virtumonde and such) and nothing was found.

Everything Is back to normal.

Only cause of this I can think of Is me downloading a torrent *caugh* I got rid of avg free to redownload it ( lol! ) FREE version of course! :D

Just restarted my computer and SpyBot is doing a system check or something. From what I see everything is back to normal.

I will try ZoneAlarm after the check (in the morning probably) and see if the “60 second till shutdown” this is still there. It shouldn't be. I guess this was one of the strategies of the FireWallBypass. If it is Still like that I have plan B. FixWareOut is supposed to fix all of this.

Edit****
This was over 3 or 4 days.. I did alot more.. but these are the big things.

Also, my mouse has been acting up for months.. it seems to be working for now!! We will see if something fixed it tomorrow!

Well to state the onvious, you got clobbered big time. Ok let's just pick a starting point and run with that. Here's Stinger> http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
Handy dandy tool for rooting out the nasties. Oh yeah turn off system restore. They hide out in there.
Smitfraud-C removal tool> http://www.smitfraud-removal.com.removal-instructions.com/removeSmitfraud.html
As for zlob let's kill two birds with one stone> http://www.zlob-removal.com.removal-instructions.com/removezlob.html

Remember to disable the restore points and good hunting.

Ok so by the time I got all that typed up you got it fixed. I'd still run those tools just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom