Adding more ram...

YamahaRacing

Baseband Member
If I buy more RAM for my computer, do I just plug it in and leave it or how do i install it?

Thx in advance

Installing it is simple. Unplug the power cable from the back and let it rest for a bit. Ground yourself and take the new memory stick you bought and stick it under the other one. It goes in one way becaue of the notches. Apply even pressure on both ends of the stick and gently slide it in. The little tabs will snap into place making a secure connection. If it doesn't go in well, turn it around and start over.

TRDCorolla1 said:
Installing it is simple. Unplug the power cable from the back and let it rest for a bit. Ground yourself and take the new memory stick you bought and stick it under the other one. It goes in one way becaue of the notches. Apply even pressure on both ends of the stick and gently slide it in. The little tabs will snap into place making a secure connection. If it doesn't go in well, turn it around and start over.

Thx, but one more question...hown do i no that it is working properly?

Your computer will freeze when you first turn it on. Won't boot.

I like to spray some air in there before the install to clear some of the dust. Don't spray it head on, but from the side so you don't jam the dust deeper into the module.

oh ok, i get it. it freezes and then i restart nad then how do i check that it will be working, and its just not my computer itself that it is freezing?

Thx in advance

Your computer works fine now right? If it starts acting up right after you install the memory, then there's got to be something wrong with it. Or you accidently caused a short by means of static electricity, ouch.

Back
Top Bottom