Add/Remove Programs - help pleaseee!

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, at school, I installed a dodgy program, well a dodgy copy anyway, but the fact is, I need to get rid of it before school clock on I can instal programs. Because I am not an administrator, I cannot get into Control Panel, or evan My computer, I can get onto the admin accounts, but this gets clocked straight away, ive been there before. Anyway my question is, can I save the shortcut to ADD/REMOVE programs, on my HOME computer onto a disc, load it at school, then access it?

If you installed it... Doesn't it have an uninstall program? I mean, where'd you install it to? Can't you just get to the folder?

Yeah thats a point.

Plus, if you do have to create a shortcut, there may be a way, but I can't say the computers at your school would use Windows in the same way, though it should all run from the C drive to get the best performance.

Go to the Control Panel, and right click on Add/Remove programs. It allows you to make a shortcut and to place it on the desktop.

Now, right click the short cut and finds out where it links to (The program on your drive, probably in the Windows folder).

Hopefully if your lucky, you can just click it, though be aware, that if they've locked it, the whole of the Control Panel may be locked so a short cut won't even access it.

If the path is different though, which is why I asked you to check, maybe it is on another drive? For example, D? Just open the short cut properties and change the Target Location.

I hope this gets you out of a messy situation, though I advise you to never try to do anything like that again.

Well as far as I know the directorys are the same, I'll give it a go, it was a decent piece of software If i didn't get a dodgy copy. Cheerz guys

Back
Top Bottom