ad aware blocking

mr.monger

BSOD
how can i block my sister from closing adaware? she keeps closing it and spyware and you know the rest. she closes it because she likes to go to her danged neopets and she cant play the games there w/o closing it. so how do i do it? is it possible? plz help.

Hmmm...

If you have the freeware version the adwatch is nonfunctional anyway. That comes in the have to shell out money version. And spybot's immunize runs in the background. So if you have those open and sitting there it's not doing anything...

well i have the adwatch one thats always on. if theres no way to block that is there another proggy that does the same that i can stop my sis from closing??

Ok...

My next question is what is it about adwatch that neopets objects to?
I mean why in the world would a game need an adware monitor shut off other than to sneak some junk on the system. I'd block the url if it was me..

I think I got it now. I created an account and went to a game. First thing it did was download an active x file. Or tried to. I got way too much security on my machine so it didn't get to. I think adwatch is perceiving the active x file as a threat. So she has to turn it off to get the x file.
You can kick up the security setting to block active x and let her turn the adwatch off. She still won't be able to get the file and hense not be able to play.

If it was my computer and it was getting crapware from Neopets this is what I would do. Go here C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and put this entry in, 127.0.0.1 neopets.com

No more Neopets, and ignore your sisters cries of despair after you tell her it was shutdown.

omg i cant wait until her neopet dies itll be so funny. shell be really pissed at me but its ok. ill just tell her it was because of the spyware she keeps letting in. shes a terrible liar. she says she never turned it off even tho its off every time i get on. hahaha i cant wait. i am filled with glee. its funny because i happen to be playing gta right now

You will want to have a plausible story for your parents, or you will be in the proverbial with them as well as your sister. :p

ahh screw them me old man hates it wen my sister turns it off cuz it mucks with the computer. she doesnt listen to anybody tho(runs in the family :D)

Back
Top Bottom