Acer Monitor Flashing White Screen

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread.

My Acer AL2216W 22" monitor got knocked over and landed on it's back on the floor. The screen, when it landed, flashed white with a bunch of black to gray thick lines that almost were like a gradient, and then it turned off, almost like it faded out to black.

So, I picked the monitor back up and I tried getting a display signal to it. The LCD is not cracked. But it will turn on and flash white for a few seconds, go black, and then turn on white again for another few seconds, then go to sleep as if it's got no signal.

So, I tried opening it up. Thing is...There's one more screw to open the bezel up and it's under the stand, which I don't know how to remove. Can someone please tell me:

What could be wrong with the screen since it fell
and
How do I remove the stand?

All of the monitor stands I've seen, including all 5 that I have purchased, from 3 different manufacturers, all simply pull directly out of the mount. If you're unsure contact Acer's website.

As for your question, "what could be wrong"....I can only answer...when you're talking about physical damage from a fall, it can be anything number of things.

All of the monitor stands I've seen, including all 5 that I have purchased, from 3 different manufacturers, all simply pull directly out of the mount. If you're unsure contact Acer's website.

As for your question, "what could be wrong"....I can only answer...when you're talking about physical damage from a fall, it can be anything number of things.

I agree with Hameister. When you're dealing with physical damage, its hard to know for sure what went wrong. Anything could've been bent, broken, knocked loose, etc. Hopefully somebody here will recognize the symptoms and offer up a possible solution, but I think you're looking at a new monitor purchase here unless you can get it open and identify the specific damage.

Back
Top Bottom