Accelerating Video card

ace777

Fully Optimized
I Have heard of some nice accelerator cards:
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=244&type=expert
is this the best one? surely there are others, I have a 5200FX Vertigo (see sig) and will this do ANY good for my card?I'm not sure if Its even compatible with my comp (never tried one). So heres my questions:
1.Will it work for my comp?
2Whats the best ones that are the best in value?
3.Will this really do any good for my comp?
4.Is a MX 4000 an SLI ready card?:D (try something if I can't get the accelerator card.

I heard those things arent worth getting :/ but im kind of curious to know how much of improvement it excatly gives you.?

You do know thats a physics card, not a video card right? You don't need it, your computer couldn't even run the games the physx ppu supports at decent settings. A better upgrade would be your video card.

Yes, I was wondering If it would work for my comp or not.It could run some games at those settings, And there is only 2 upgrades better than the one I have (5500,6100 OC) and The oc is the only one worth getting but it is the same prics as this which is why I am asking.

Ugh lol, what you linked is not a video card. It will not increase performance in games, at all.

Well, it will, but not like the way normal people would think. Those processes a part of a game, and the game must upport it in order to work. If it doesn't, the PPU will do nothing else but spin it's fan.

Your Specs...

2.4 Ghz celeron, 1.25 PNY pc 2700 RAM,PNY VERTIGO 5200 FX , 40 GB HDD
900Mhz 256 RAM , MX 4000, 30 GB HDD.

I'm sorry, but any game that could utilise a Phyics card (that is what you have linked us to, not a graphics card) wouldn't be able to run on any of those 2 systems. Nvidia 5200 FX's is the slowest of 3 generations ago graphics cards. MX4000, 5 generations ago (based on GF3 technology). You've had the 6xxx, 7xxx and now we're on the 8xxx series Graphics from Nvidia.

I'd recomend you change your graphics card, something a good bit beafier if you can (please bear in mind that you're motherboard may not support PCI-Express, and therfore will only accept AGP Graphics cards). The 2.5GHz celeron could do with being upgraded too. What socket is it?

You'd notice a huge increase in your games performance doing that. Getting a Physics card will do nothing for you.

Your specs are too low in order to recieve the gaming performance.

The FX 5200 is not the slowest in the older generations.

A TI4600 can beat him, but the FX 5200 will kick the butt of a Geforce 256-GF3, and a few GF4. The 5200 is the first to introduce DX9 support, for lower end cards.

The motherboard does not support PCI-E.

I have a socket 478 processor, So the PPU is not a good idea now? I was going to update mobos to one with a AGP card and then Hook that linked accelerator card to the comp.And to alien I realize it is not a video card , read the article.

The FX 5200 is not the slowest in the older generations.

I didn't say "generations", I said 3 generations ago!

"Nvidia 5200 FX's is the slowest of 3 generations ago graphics cards"

3 generations ago meaning the FX series. Ti4600 is 4 Generations ago and the GF3 5 Generations ago. And correction again, all GF4 Ti's would kick a FX5200 up and down the street performance wise. GF4 Mx's were just rebadged Geforce 3's.

Don't be so picky.

Back
Top Bottom