? about OCing

pinky4life623

In Runtime
Ok every nows when u overclock then ur screen goes black u pump up the voltage...well i got my processor to run at 2.4 stable loading up XP and all that..but i loaded up CS and it shut off...the voltage was at 1.8 is that to much..and should i raise that nemore

I have a AMD 3000+ and how much voltage do u think it will fry at..I want to keep this processor for another year..so i dont want it to expload and burst into flames right now lol

What 1.8 i dont think ur suppose to pump more than 1.5 into it...not sure though

This should be in the processor section..

EDIT>

In answer to your quesion.. I would say 1.8V is wayyy to high.

ok does this mean that i can only get like 2.3 out of it..or do u think it is my memory should i put more juice in my memory??

Well.. You have water right? Dont expect great things out of the 3000+

But just graduly increase and see what happens... Increase speed, and once it gets unstable increase the voltage. Just be cautious about what your doing.

How stable is it? And that might burn it. But hell.. maybe 1.9 first. And if its ok. Then increase clock more, and then the voltage to 2. Im not sure though. Dont trust my opinons.. because i could be wrong.

ok..lol
i was told by some indiot in skool today that my processor can handle like 3 before it burns..im not gunna believe him ill just wait for more people to respond and see what they say

and thanks for the response!!

You put 3 in it.. And you will hear a small *pop*. Start to see a little bit of black smoke, and its going to smell horrible.

1.8 is going to limit the life of that CPU. Really, I wouldn't put more than about 1.6-1.7 volts into it. And yes, it could be your memory. Mess around with everything, keep an eye on temperatures, and put it through stress to see if it is stable.

Back
Top Bottom