9800GTX & S-Video Problem. (No connection)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
My main specs:

Windows Vista 64 bit (SP1)
9800GTX (with the latest drivers)
1080P HD television (Vizio)
Standard S-Video cable
The rest is in my sig.

Last night I tried to get a signal from my 9800GTX to my HDTV via S-Video cable. When I connected the wire on both ends, and opened the Nvidia control panel, (on my pc monitor) the system recognized the connection, because I heard the connection sound and when I went to “multiple displays” I have an option for HDTV, but still no picture on the TV. I tried every setting in the CP (dual, clone, primary , secondary…etc) but still no picture on my television (it just sass “no signal” on the TV). On the TV I tried all the options as well. I have TV, SV1. SV2 Component1, Component2, RGB, HDM1, HDMI2, but still no signal. I know that it's not the TV or the cable, because right next to me is my old rig, with X1950XTX and the connection works great on the SV1 channel. I used this connection multiple times to watch movies & now I'm trying to do the same thing with my new rig. I tried to restarting the PC after I set the right settings, but still no luck…

Please help me out.

Thanks

so yyou changed teh chanel on the tv to one of the lines? i run my comp to a dvd/vhs inpaut and run that to line 1/2 on my tv stright pluggins generally have an input option caled s video on the tv but you don't have that?

The S-Video cable goes straight from my 9800gtx to the TV. The option that my other pc works on is called SV1 (I assume its S-Video 1?), but this new rig doesn't work on any channels.... I tried them all. But like I sad my PC does recognize the connection, because I hear the sound and the HDTV option operas.

if you have a dvd player run the s video to that and go to the channel you use to watch movies on it with and it should work.can you post the model # or info so i can look up what kind of tv you have?

I will do that as soon I get home, thanks ACE!

I'am at work so I dont know that the model # it is. Its a 42" HDTV 1080P from Vizio.

I also have a dual boot on my pc, so i will boot XP and see if it will work with it.

If anyone has anymore tips, plz let me know.

Thanks

most vizio tv's have RGB and HDMI which are fully 1080p+ capable, why on earth would u use S-Video? the picture quality with S-Video sucks!! (720x480 instead of possibly 1920x1080 or higher)

yes but i don't think he has another option, and sadly yes svideo is poor i used it for 2 years and then i use a direct vga to the tv in 720p it looks soooooo muc better, if you have a port i would sggest using it first.

Thanks guys. What I think I will do is order the DVI-DHMI cable.

I have one question. Should I get an adapter to convert my DVI port(PC) to HDMI and just buy the HDMI to HDMI cable? or forget about the adapter and just get the DVI(PC) to HDMI(TV) cable? Will there be a difference?

Thanks

adapters shouldn't change it much really in this case whatever saves you the most money or time, get the cable and use the parts you have.

adapters shouldn't change it much really in this case whatever saves you the most money or time, get the cable and use the parts you have.

Thanks Ace.

Someone on EVGA forum just told me that this;

"Just curious, are you using a 4 pin cable? Nvidia cards have a 9 pin Svideo output, your card should have come with a 9 pin to 4 pin adapter. As far as I know the 4 pin cables do not work with the Svideo output on your video card, you have to use the adapter."

I tryed seraching on newegg, but cant find it, can someone please link me to the 9 pin to 4 pin adapter.

Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom