8800gtx + fx62

brookie55

Beta member
Hi

Just bought a new computer, with a fx-62 processor, 8800gtx graphics, 2048(800mhz)memory, asus crossair duel lan motherboard, and my first game im playing is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Im impressed with it but now overly at the moment, which is quite worring. Ive turned all the settings up, but i can still notice jagged lines in objects, which i really wouldn't expext. Im hoping the processor isnt bottle necking the graphics because it cost a bomb! Also every now and then the game pauses for a split second as if loading. I havent yet loaded the internet on, so i think it might be just a case of the right drivers, either that or my OS is rubbish (home xp). Is there any one out there that can put my mind at rest?

Cheers!

Yeah, make sure you get the right drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.19.html

Do you have anti-aliasing turned all the way up?? That's what will remove the jagged lines.

The processor should not be bottlenecking it.

If the problem persists, try some different games, it might just be a problem with that game. If you like STALKER, try out FEAR.

Stalker is a poorly optimized game, your computers fine. Stalker also does not support AA, thats why you see jaggies.

Oh, I didn't know STALKER didn't have AA, that's weird.

I'd highly recommend F.E.A.R. anyway, similar game I think with pretty much the best graphics around right now.

It does have an option thats AA like, all it does is blur the edges of the object, im not sure what its called, check to see if thats turned on.

I tried to install the latest drivers for my graphics from a pc gamer cd, and i got the error message- this setup program and its drivers are designed to run on xp x64 edition. I guess my xp home is only 32, DOH! Should have done more research on my rig :mad: Yeah ive got all my anti-alising turned up and antisoptrophic thingy. Like you say ill have to buy FEAR, only other game i got at the mo is sims2 (my girlfriends) lol. Still couldnt find the aa option tho. I might be going mad but im sure the jaggies have gone worse than when i first played it lol

Back
Top Bottom