8800GTX benchmarks

When it's released there will be custom designs from manufacturers and stuff. It shouldn't be a big deal for most people, unless you have an upside-down ATX case like me.

Hey man - thanks a lot for posting this, I hadn't seen it yet. Anyone who knows about graphics cards can tell you that those frame-rates are effing AMAZING!! Good thing the power draw isn't as much as some said it would be, I won't have to upgrade my PSU.

What's the expected retail price of it? Hopefully under $500? I really want one of these bad boys for my new Vista system. Please don't tell me that this is the real deal:
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MS...22fc1c2eca86fb36874c06fa10c163f4c3eb6fee73b88
That's more than most retail computers these days! Oh well, I'll buy it anyway.

My dad may actually be able to get me a LEGAL release of Vista since it's coming out for businesses on November 30th. (he's the CEO of his company)

+rep to anyone who can find out more details

625 bucks for the GPU!

HOLY CRAP.

My cheapest system I can do is 399
Next is 650

That GPU is nearly my medium range system.

Thanks lhuser, +rep.

That is insane. $800. Why don't they just make it $880 and reflect the model number the the friggin price? I'm going to go pray that this is all a joke.

Hopefully after the official release the prices will drop if that's real. That's just insane. Might as well go out and buy a Quadro.

Why would it be a joke? Remember the high end 7 series cards? I recall those were at about $800 at one time.. though they gradually dropped in price.

While the g80 looks good, i'm more interested in ATi's r600.. if rumors prove true.. ATi is going rape nVidia this time around..

Yep, but I don't know how long I can hold out without DX10. I'm falling for their market trap....

When's the scheduled release of the r600? Or is it just Q1 2007?

Back
Top Bottom